PORT STEPHENS DOLPHINS
Image: Destination Port Stephens
Experience the beauty of New South Wales’ mid-north coastline – sparkling beaches, national park beauty, and dolphins in the wild. Port Stephens lies approximately two hours north of Sydney, passing through the beautiful Kuringai National Park, and beyond the satellite city of Newcastle.
Port Stephens Dolphin Tour
Heading direct to Nelson Bay on the shores of Port Stephens, we’ll board our morning cruise departure, a beautiful 54ft sailing catamaran. Sit back and relax for a delightful cruise over the azure waters of Port Stephens. Keep your eyes out for the gliding dolphins as they start to appear and frolic beside the vessel. The port is home to around 150 bottlenose dolphins, who spend their days moving around the waters feeding, playing, mating and exhibiting complex wild behaviour that has been studied by researchers for years. In the warmer months, there is a boom net attached to the catamaran for those who’d like to get wet in the water. You might even spot whales from May to November!
Anna Bay Dunes
After your cruise, it’s time to indulge in a locally sourced seafood lunch at one of the bay area’s exquisite restaurants, Little Beach Boathouse – including oysters harvested right in Port Stephens.
In the afternoon, a walk up to the Headland lookout from Shoal Bay is well worth the short but steep trek – the views are a worthy reward. Alternatively, there is the option to try out sandboarding at the nearby Anna Bay sand dunes – a thrilling afternoon activity!
Sydney’s Holiday Playground
Commencing our return to Sydney, we’ll head south via the Central Coast, known as Sydney’s holiday playground – popular for weekend escapes and day trips year-round. A refreshment stop will be in the stunning seaside hamlet of Terrigal – perhaps a glass of sparkling with beautiful Pacific Ocean views to round out your day of coastal indulgence.
- Dolphin cruise on Port Stephens – 99% chance of spotting dolphins!
- Kuringai National Park
- Central Coast and Terrigal
- Locally sourced seafood lunch
- Catamaran sailing dolphin cruise
- Morning tea and afternoon refreshment
- Two-course lunch with beverage (beer, wine or soft drink)
- Local guide providing expert commentary
- Luxurious private vehicle with complimentary water
Enhance your Experience
- Upgrade to a chef’s selection menu with matched wines for lunch
- Sandboarding at Anna Bay
- Upgrade to include a return flight from the Central Coast to Sydney by Sydney Seaplanes