Image: Destination NSW
Explore the magnificent Blue Mountains, known for its deep valleys, rugged cliffs and lush rainforest. Journey to this World Heritage listed area, approximately two hours from Sydney, and experience boundless spectacular scenery.
Departing to the north-west of Sydney, travel via historic Richmond and along the old highway known as Bells Line of Road, through fruit orchards and pasturelands as you ascend into the mountain wilderness. You might even like to taste some fresh apple pie for morning tea from one of the local farms.
The Three Sisters are icons of New South Wales – stop at Echo Point for panoramic views of these three rock formations jutting out into the horizon, and learn the tragic Dreamtime love story behind the sisters. This is one of many fantastic vantage points throughout the region perfect for taking stunning photographs.
The Blue Mountains are filled with charming local townships such as Leura and Katoomba, known for their gardens, boutique stores and galleries. We’ll stop for lunch at a heritage restaurant to recharge.
In the afternoon, it’s time to smell the beautiful mountain air and slow down the pace. Your guide will tailor the afternoon’s activities to suit your interests: venture on foot to Wentworth Falls, see some Indigenous artwork in Red Hands Cave, or learn about Indigenous history at Kings Tableland. Relax on your return journey to Sydney, with an optional stop at an Australian wildlife park.
- Echo Point – get close to the Three Sisters and magnificent Jamison and Megalong Valleys
- Experience a performance at Waradah Aboriginal Centre (optional)
- Visit Scenic World for its attractions the Railway, Skyway, Cableway and Walkway (optional)
- The scenic townships of Leura and Katoomba
- Blue Mountains vistas – Leura Cascades, views from Cliff Drive, Cahills Lookout, Govett’s Leap and Bridal Veil Falls
- See Aboriginal artwork at Red Hands Cave – discuss options with your guide
- Walk through the beautiful Wentworth Falls Lakes area (time permitting)
- Visit Kings Tableland and discover its Indigenous history
- Morning tea
- Two-course lunch with a beverage (beer, wine or soft drink)
- Ultimate Discovery Pass at Scenic World (optional)
- Featherdale Wildlife Park entry (optional)
- Local guide providing expert commentary
- Luxurious private vehicle with complimentary water
Enhance your Experience
- Adventure activities including mountain bike riding, abseiling, rock climbing or canyoning
- Visit the stunning Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens and the Potager Restaurant